BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 3, 2010

1 Malaysia

"Hello nama saya Sarah Ong. Sy dari Petaling Jaya. Umur sy 19 taun. Sy pelajar kolej yg suke sgt2 maen sukan. Sy dari mana? Sy dari MALAYSIA lah! Apa lagi!??"

I've always been asked what race am I and how come I speak such fluent Malay & look like one too. You see.. Most of my life I grew up in a Malay community & I like imitating how people talk thus the Malay slang I have. But here's the problem. I'm not Malay, I'm not Chinese, I'm not Eurasian but I'm MALAYSIAN. Only a Malaysian can speak Malay, English & their native language/mother tongue. Only a Malaysian can look chinese, indian, malay, benggali or mat salleh (caucasian).

Sometimes I do get cheesed off when people asked me stupid questions such as "How come you have tanned skin but you're chinese?". Now.. Can someone tell me what ridiculous question was that about. So what if my race says I'M CHINESE. It does not mean that I need to have yellow skin or speak chinese or not speak fluent english nor malay. I think people need to start knocking it in their head that WE ARE MALAYSIAN. Not chinese, not malay, not indian & definitely not caucasian.

WE, Malaysians come from a unique population of mixed race & we the mixed race are called MALAYSIAN because we do not belong in any ethnic group. Here's why.. IT IS BECAUSE WE HAVE MIX BLOOD. So if you go on & say you're chinese considering you're a mixed blood. Definitely you would look different, think different, dress different & act different. Why? Because of the way you grew up. You did not grow up learning 1 culture but 2 cultures & in some cases more than 2. Now how cool is that.

For us Malaysians we are so used to having more than 2 races in our family that we adapt all the cultures. I for one agree to that because I come from a multiracial family & we all love each other equally. Hence, all I can say is I'M MALAYSIAN & I'm PROUD to be One!

No comments:

Post a Comment